I've been hoarding these up for quite a while, team. I feel pretty terrific about getting them out before the end of the year, so there's a strong chance someone will be treating herself to a cappuccino later today. Happy 2012!
- Nominate your favorite YA book of 2011 on TeenReads! I'm more than a bit torn between Piper's Son and Scorpio Races. Luckily, you get to nominate six titles. PHEW.
- Attention sparkleprincesses out there: the crack team behind the Hunger Games movie marketing has come out with a gimic you've probably seen on a thousand other blogs - Panem themed nail polish! As they note on this blog, the dozen colors seem to match up pretty well to each of the districts. Except for 13, which is suspiciously missing from the map. I smell a conspiracy! Personally, I am hungry for foie gras. Served in Peeta bread.
- This magazine cover made me groan when the mail came in at work a few weeks ago. Boooooo. I'm pretty sure little girls like Legos. And they don't need them to be sparkly or pink for the fantasy dream houses and giant towers we build, only to be knocked down by our little siblings. You know, kind of the same way boys play. How do I know this? Because I am a girl. And I loved Legos.
- Let's keep going on this feminist bender! Here are thirteen fantastic female comic creators of 2011. From this list, I've only read Anya's Ghost, but have been wanting to read Marzi for a while. And now I want to read Ivy and Finder.
- Ahem. This lady totally has my dreamfantasy job (or rather, the positive version of my Thomas Crown/Uncommon Criminals fantasty). Let's be best friends.