- Sparkling Witt: Becky and Jeff are super, and not just because they love to eat my Le Creuset experiments! Becky is blogging about their current adventures (like learning to say baking soda) in Finland and it is faaantastic. Bonus points: visit jeffreycwitt.com.
- The Beer Archaeologist: this. is. so. cool. Indiana Jones of BEER! I read this while waiting to get a typhoid, yes, typhoid shot at 10am. And wasn't disgusted by my craving for beer. I dare you to read this and deem it not cool. Or crave ancient beer!
- Remember when I gushed about how I want to be an art thief ala Ally Carter's Heist Society? Heist Society movie rights were optioned at like, the same time publishing houses were duking it out to win the
handcontract of the fair Ally Carter. And yesterday, I was pumped to see via the twitters that Drew Barrymore will be producing and directing it! SQUEE. I am, as they say in France, le pumped. Bring on the art thieves!
- Neil Gaiman has crazy hair and talks here about the adaption of American Gods, which I'm getting more excited for after thinking about the general code of crazy/awesome in Game of Thrones and True Blood, and really, HBO adaptations in general.
Gushed aboutReviewed Jasper Jones, by Craig Silvey yesterday. And then immediately after posting read some other things and realized it's already been optioned down under. Huzzah! If it ever actually gets made, and gets made as fantastically, gothic, creepily, gorgeously as that book trailer, well, I'll just have to run away to Australia.
- In case you missed it, this is a great article/interview with Jay Asher about Thirteen Reason's Why.
- I don't like to talk about it (much). BUT. The Vampire Diaries is my secret favorite show that I get overly excited to watch. Don't judge me! Or do, because according to this article, I have EXCELLENT taste. It's delightfully crazytown, they're not afraid to kill people off, and Damon, oh Damon...trust me, you will never get bored of this crazy parade.