|Anne of Green Gables Lake of the Shining Watercress Sandwich assembly line|
Lake of the Shining Watercress Sandwiches
|Anne of Green Gables Lake of the Shining Watercress Sandwiches|
1 loaf sliced sandwich bread
1 peeled and sliced English cucumber (thin, but not paper thin; you want some crunch)
1 bunch washed watercress leaves (remove most of stem)
1 container tofutti cream cheese
1. Assemble your sandwich making assembly line.
2. Spread a thin but generous layer of fake cream cheese over both sides of your bread.
3. Stick some watercress to one piece; put some cucumber slices over this. Place your other slice of bread on it, like a hat. I mean...you've made a sandwich before...right?
4. Cut into quarters.
5. Repeat until you have enough or run out of ingredients.
6. Put them on a nice plate, serve immediately or chill, covered with plastic wrap for up to 8 hours (you can keep them longer, the bread will just get a wee bit stale.