Books and Libraries
- Yesterday the Youth Media Awards were announced. An as per, I have never heard of the Printz winner at all. But I am glad that the supremely delightful This is Not My Hat won the Caldecott, and that my fav from 2012, Code Name Verity, scored an honor - so YAY.
- I know libraries have to be innovative in marketing and services to lure in patrons (see below for more examples)...but pole dancing is a new one.
- I think the real question here is how do we get invited? The Netherfield Ball!
- Since tea + books = <3 nbsp="">3>it's only natural there is a pairing guide.
- There is no way to read this story about how a small branch library in NYC is checking out an American Girl doll and NOT feel there is something right in the universe.
- Fact: even puppies love libraries.
- So many books turning into movies, guys! Publishers Weekly has ten of them listed as the most anticipated (3 of which I've never heard of, so...)
- Did not even realize that If I Stay had been optioned, let alone cast!
- Anna Dressed in Blood was such a false start of a book (started off terrifying, ended with warm fuzzies) that I'm not really that pumped to hear it may be a movie...even though it would probably be decent. Maybe.
- After seeing this tidbit about a certain Titantic star taking an interest in Divergent, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the news that she'll be playing Jeanine Matthews.
- The Selection may be a pilot TV show. Again. I'm still here, waiting, CW!