- It took me long enough BUT. Best news ever red alert, via your, my, everyone's favorite Melina Marchetta:
They’ve also come back into my life at an important time for writing because 24 year old Jimmy Hailler is camping out in my head. It’s not just his story, but a bit of a four hander and it will definitely be an adult one rather than YA. It’s interesting that I didn’t know where Jimmy and his life was until I played with circumstances in Froi and Quintana’s life.
JIMMY HAILLER. JIMMY HAILLER. Plus, word on the street is soon even us Yanks will be able to hang tough with our favorite knocked-up pink taffeta dress wearing exiled princess, Quintana. 2013 is looking up!
- Meta alert! These works of art (books) have been turned into works of art (sculptures)!
- Things I am maybe embarrassed to totally get: Texts from the American Girl dolls (the OG's not these new poseurs).
- Somehow, I missed this most exciting news about Patrick Ness and the new books he's going to drop on us!
- I'm one part jealous, one part judgmental (it's a private home, also she spit-shone his grave), and one part sorry for the people who live there now this is up on the interwebs - a blogger visited E.B. White's house in Maine. But mostly...I want to live there?
- If you enjoyed Partials and want more, check out this preview of the sequel, Fragment.
- Thank GAWD, DGabs. Fall is just around the corner, right? Alls I'm sayin' is you best not Robert Jordan us, mmkay?
- The thievin' thugs of YA (Elizabeth Wein! Shock me, shock me, shock me, with that deviant behavior!)
- Divergent casting news about Four (Let's just say I saw a lot of Alex Pettyfer in Magic Mike that I can't unsee in picturing him as Four...)
- Don't really want to jinx it, but Y: the Last Man has a director. Still think it would be better as a mini-series!
- I had no idea that Robopocalypse had even been optioned as a movie, let alone optioned by Spielberg.
- Whhaaat? EW has some pictures of Catching Fire up (like four), but all you need to know is this:
"People are just worried that I'm not going to be as sex god enough as Finnick should be. I've literally had four months of eating nothing but chicken and asparagus. I just want a burger and a beer."
He's hungry behind the eyes, guys. (Incidentally, does this picture remind you of anyone else? A certain pasty, Civil War era YA vampire, perhaps?)