I'm sorry, two loyal readers, one of whom I'm pretty sure is a spambot! I've been super busy - ALA, work, other job, other things...but in good news, I do have some recipes and reviews forthcoming...errrr...as soon as I get the chance to write them. I have, however, been hoarding up way, way, old news and things. You've probably already seen them, but I don't care! Enjoy them or not; as Captain Planet would say, the power is yours!
- Behold, the greatest post I have ever seen: author and cheese pairings. I mean...does it get any more fantastic than that? But I have to ask, why no cheddar cheese pic for Ernest?
- Do you want to make a chocolate loving librarian very happy? Give them a library of exotic chocolate bars.
- Enjoy this map of the United States of Burgers, just because it is summer, and you are thinking about BBQs, right?
- This artists description says it all ("art inspired by and made from books"), but her method of delivery - finger prints - is really cool!
- Just because I loved it so much when I came upon it, I'm going to share the best, loveliest watercolor prints that would be great in a kitchen. Speaking of making a librarian very happy, I happen to know a librarian who loves the olive oil print...
- Stills from The Maze Runner! I'm not even in a tither about how much the actors are not 13. It looks great!
- However, the kid who just got cast as Jonas in the Jeff Bridges adaptation of The Giver? He does not look like a preteen. Just sayin'...
- There's a run on Jane Austen on the interwebs this week! First, check out the trailer for Austenland, which I'm really, really looking forward to, because OBVI. Then, check out this gigantic waterlogged statue of Colin Firth's Darcy. Wouldn't you love to know what he thinks? And more importantly, what happens when birds poo on that super white shirt?
- This is olllld news at this point. John Corey Whaley - he of the dipples who shared his woodpecker tattoo with us - is coming out with a new book! YAY! The cover art was released, and now haunts my dreams. #creepydolls
- Best. Manicures. Ever.
- Are you a demigod? Do you want to be one? Good thing we had this talk. There's a Camp Half-Blood you can attend! Percy Jackson camp, y'all! Is there one for grownups? I want to go! (I think I may have posted about this a million years ago, but if I've forgotten, so have you!)
- There was an EW issue about Divergent! There were lots of pictures for your eyeballs to feast upon, and the trailer is being released at Comic-Con. But I've posted the most important information below: