Movies and adaptations
- In case you've been camped out under a rock or working out your daddy issues on a deserted island like the stud my new favorite brain vacation show, The Arrow, the new Hunger Games movie is about to drop, with the requisite frenzy and hooplah. Here are some things:
- Oh good. It appears that the crack marketing team at Subway received advanced degrees in not understanding what the Hunger Games is about!
- Just like the braintrusts behind the Hunger Games summer camp and the plan to make an amusement park.
- Shockingly, Finnick can't read good.
- This is the best thing I think we'll all see, all week. The Sesame Street Hungry Games
- Harry Potter stamps drop on my birthday aka today. Thank you for the gift, universe!
- Butterbeer...at Starbucks?
- The Hobbit menu is baaaaccccccck, precious!
- If they take pictures and put them on the cover, it has to happen, right? Fifty Shades promo pictures (since you've never heard of it before and it needs the all the promotional help it can get). I can't wait; it's not often to find such high potential to be a fantastic case of the terribles! Go Fug yourself agrees.
- I'm way too excited by Four's back to wrangle sense into the English language; luckily the ladies at Forever YA have girded their loins against being Pamuked senseless and have done it for us, because you guys....DIVERGENT TRAILER.
- Bad accent, awesome costume alert (how great are those horns?): the trailer for Maleficent is out!
- I've failed to adequately share just how flippin' excited I am about the upcoming Outlander series (aka my favorite not so secret shame). Here are somethings that have me in a tizzy:
- Let's start with Jamie.
- Or better yet, Jamie in the modern day. Pretty sure that horse is panting.
- And now Claire.
- And how about Jamie and Claire 2gether 4evah?
- And how about SIXTEEN episodes? I'm so down.
- And now this unsurprising yet terrible news from DGabs that she's delaying the publication of the next book in the series. Yet again. This is all I have to say about that.. It's only been like five years...why not make it an even six? (But please don't.)
- Judy Blume's Forever and Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret, got a facelift. Apparently AYTGIMM is being marketed to middle aged lady book clubs?
- Eric Carle has a beautiful new book about friends titled...you guessed it! Friends.
Misc and nonsense
- I have more questions than answers regarding an OkCupid first date to go traveling internationally together for a month bringing no luggage, and only plane tickets.
- All you need to know about why this would make a great gift for a tea swilling book nerd is in the product description, if they were real. Sadly, it appears to just be an idea in an art portfolio. All I'm sayin' is...get at me:
Prologue is a series of fine teas inspired by literary classics. Each canister of loose leaves features a unique blend of flavors that characterizes the novel. The designs on the tins include motifs from the narratives and other elements that are a part of the reading experience.
- Now I know why I always wanted to wash my hands when I checked in dog-earred Romance novels at the Public Library...If this isn't a case for more eBooks at libraries, I don't know what is!